Quilt Challenge Coordinator
It’s A Quilt Challenge! ~~~A Walk on the Shoreline
Make a Pictorial Quilt based upon the theme.
We have so many beaches and parks on the salt water and lakes in our corner of Washington that this theme has the potential to take you to a place you have been many times in your life. Please interpret the theme in any way you choose: Take a photo from a favorite waterfront location and start from there. Draw, sketch, plan your picture and then decide how you will create it
All types of applique may be used. Fused, Raw edge, Needle Turn, and you may piece any parts of the quilt that you wish. Remember, you are the designer of your quilt so you make those decisions yourself.
Rules: These are the decisions I am making for you
- Sign up for the Quilt Challenge between March and August 2017. Sign Up Sheets will be available at each meeting, or you may sign up by sending me an email (see the guild roster in the Members Only section)
- Size of Finished Quilt will be 18″ X 24″ (horizontal or vertical orientation) and must be quilted and bound.
- Using whatever method you choose, create a picture in fabric that reflects the theme, “A Walk on the Shoreline.”
- No commercial patterns from any book, magazine, or publisher may be used for any part of your quilt. It should be 100% your design and workmanship when complete!
- You may work from a photograph or picture that gives you inspiration for your quilt design, as long as the picture is not of another quilt.
- Bring your finished quilt to the September 11, 2017 Moonlight Quilters Guild Meeting. It must be delivered anonymously in a brown paper grocery store bag. A label with your name, etc. should be attached to the back side of the quilt, but covered with a piece of dark cloth so your quilt remains anonymous throughout the evening.
- Quilters should not discuss their designs with anyone in the guild prior to the completion of the challenge.
- Winners & Awards: Winners will be decided by a vote of those members present at the Sept. 11, 2017 guild meeting. Prizes of $60-1st, $40-2nd, and $30-3rd Place Awards will be given to our three favorite quilts. based upon the number of votes for each quilt in the challenge. To win, a quilt must follow the rules as outlined above.
I invite you to join the challenge and see what you can create from treasured memories, photos, fabric, and thread. I hope this theme brings you joy and satisfaction, and maybe a little discomfort as you work through the challenges you set for yourself in the process.
Direct all questions to me via this website at email@example.com. or phone me using information from the current roster.