join our yahoo group and receive member notifications
Tracey F. moderates our Yahoo Group for Moonlight Quilters. We appreciate her taking on this responsibility so that we can communicate on topics of interest to the guild members. Information comes to us all in real time, between meetings, and it is a great way to share directly with the members by sending one simple email message posted to the group.
how do you join the yahoo group?
- Go to www.yahoo.com to get started! You must have a Yahoo Account (email account) in order to participate, but you can follow the steps listed below to set your preferences to forward all emails to your current email account.
- Click on Sign In. Look for the link to “Sign up.” Enter your name and the other information within the form. An email address ending @yahoo.net will be generated for you. In some cases you can use your current email username, but that cannot be guaranteed.
- Once you have a Yahoo email account you can request membership in our Moonlightquilters Group.
- Exit the Sign in / Account area of Yahoo and go to the Yahoo home page at www.yahoo.com.
- At the top of the page you will see a horizontal menu. Find “More” and click on it.
- The next screen will show a an alphabetical list of Products & Services within Yahoo.
- Find “Groups” and click on it.
- In the Search Groups box, type “moonlightquilters.” Press enter or Search.
- You will next see information about our group. Look for the purple Join Group button and click on it. Your name and email address will appear in the next dialog box. You will be asked to supply some information about yourself. Our moderator will use this to determine whether or not you are a member of the guild.
- Hit the purple Send Request button and wait for a reply!
- Once you have been accepted as a member of the Yahoo Group you will be able to set your account preferences to forward Yahoo Group emails to your primary email.
- Forwarding from Yahoo: sign in to your yahoo account. Hover your mouse over the settings icon ( gear symbol), Click Accounts, Select the primary Yahoo account, Select Forward, Enter the preferred email address where you want to receive these emails, Select Store & Forward, click Verify. A verification email message will be sent to that address. Save your settings.
- You must open and verify your new Yahoo account settings before the forwarder will work. Instructions will be in the email message your receive for verification.